I love short stories. Short stories are a great way to get you into the mood of reading.
- They are often short, so you are more likely to finish a short story in a matter of minutes.
- They also leave you with a pleasure of finishing a story.
- They are also an incentive to reach for the next read. After you finish reading a good short story, you are more likely to read another one or pick up a good book.
- They are also something to read in between novels. After finishing a long book, short stories are there to give you an action packed, story driven, and not to demanding short story.
- Short stories are also a new way to try new genres and authors!
A short story is the ultimate close-up magic trick. A couple of thousand words to take you around the universe or break your heart.Neil Gaiman
Here’s a complete list of short stories I have highlighted on my series of Sunday Short Story Review, all spoiler free, along with a link provided on the text of the title, in ABC order:
|The Aged Mother||Matsuo Basho||Japanese Folk Tale|
|A Christmas Dream, and How It Came True||Louisa May Alcott||General Fiction, Moralist Story|
|A Good Man is Hard To Find||Flannery O’Connor||General Fiction, Thriller, Suspense|
|The Story of An Hour||Kate Chopin||General Fiction|
|Sweat||Zora Neale Hurston||General Fiction, Suspense|
|Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?||Joyce Carol Oates||General fiction, Suspense|
|The Yellow Wallpaper||Charlotte Perkins Gilman||Horror, Suspense|