Everyone around the world is forced to be at home and practice social distancing. Now that we are forced to to stay home, we should take advantage of this time to read, create, and relax. Below I have my list of ideas to kill the boredom, read more books, create book marks and book covers, and most importantly, multiple ways to challenge your mind.
There are so many book recommendations out there, but in the trying times that we are in, we need a book that make help us escape, forget our problems, and relax. Only momentarily of course! Here is my list of books that everyone should read during your quarantine:
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Frankenstein: The 1818 Text
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
Other Websites that offer Book Recommendations
Join a Book Club!
- You can join our book club!
- Our Shared Self created by Emma Watson
- Free Minds Book Club
- Books at Work
- Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club
- The History book club
- Between Two Books by Florence Welsh
- Quarterback Andrew Luck from the Indianapolis Colts, book club
- Oprah’s Book Club 2.0
Short stories are a great way to kill time. They are short to read, they motivate you to read more, and make you feel accomplished. Plus, it’s one more short read to add to your reading goal for 2020 on Goodreads. Each recommendation has a direct link to the text as a web link or PDF. Enjoy!
- A Good Man is Hard To Find by Flannery O’Connor
- Sweat by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Story of An Hour by Kate Chopin
- The Gift of Magi by O. Henry
- The Library of Babel by Jorge Luis Borges
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
- On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning by Haruki Murakami
- Birdsong by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi
- The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
- Happy Endings by Margaret Atwood
- Going to Meet the Man by James Baldwin
- Big Two-Hearted River by Ernest Hemingway
- Beware of the Dog by Roald Dahl
- Eight ways to make a bookmark
- Free bookmark maker
- 25 DIY bookmark ideas
- Free Printable Bookmarks
- Free printable feather bookmarks
- Easy Oragami Bookmark Corner
- DIY Paperclip Bookmarks
- DIY “Laminated” bookmarks
- Guess the first sentence
- Stock Your Pantry and We’ll Tell You Which Character You’re Quarantined With
- These 6 Questions Will Reveal If You’d Be an Antihero or an Actual Villain
- Okay But Really, Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong In?
- Can You Guess Which Classic Piece Of Literature These Modern Movies And Shows Are Based On?
- Your Reading Habits Will Reveal Your Exact Age And Book Character That Fits Your Personality
- Can We Guess Your Star Sign Based On Your Taste In Books?
- How Many Of The “Top 100 Books Of All Time” Have You Actually Read?
- Just How Odd Are Your Opinions About Books?
- Only A True Bookworm Will Be Able To Pass This Book Cover Quiz
- Who Said It: Shakespeare Or A Random Person On Tumblr?
Watch Bookish Videos
- BOOKSTORES: How to Read More Books in the Golden Age of Content
- 5 Ways to Read Faster That ACTUALLY Work – College Info Geek
- How I Read 100 Books a Year – 8 Tips for Reading More
- Benefits Of Reading
- Booksellers & Storytellers (Bookstore/reading documentary) -Full-
- HOW IT WORKS – Books
- Take an American Literature course!
- Why reading matters Ted Talk
Music to listen to tune out noise, and read in peace
- Classical Music for Reading – Mozart, Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikovsky.
- lofi hip hop radio – beats to relax/study to
- Reading Music to Concentrate | Study Music | Relaxing Music for Studying | Concentration Music Work
What books do you recommend for the quarantine? What are you doing to kill time? Let me know down in the comment section bellow!